Can I Take a Year Off Before College?
A 'gap years' or 'bridge year' both refer to the increasingly common choice to take a year off before going to college. What once was the realm for slacker, drifter teenagers has now become a viable option for almost any student. As such, I can reply to the titular question with a resounding 'yes'.
In a new article, I explore the types of students that benefit most from taking a year off, and also explain several possible activities for the gap year. If your parents are averse to the idea, make sure to read it with them.
Full article here: The 'Gap Year': When It's a Good Idea to Take a Year Off Before Starting College.Have any insight on this topic? Want to ask a question or make a suggestion? Click here to leave a comment.
- Carnival of College Admissions: 1st Edition
- Top 12 Tips to Perfect your College Application Resume – Part 1
- Applications with Flair: Ticket to the Accept Bin or the Trash Bin?
- What to Do During Spring Break
- Should I take an SAT Prep Course?
- What should I do during a campus visit?
- Financial Aid Consultants: Spending Money to Make Money?