Planning & Paying for College
Various resources and articles to help to plan and pay for college.
- Action Plan Calendar - Goals and milestones to meet from grades 8 to 12 to prepare for the application season.
- How to Compare Financial Aid Offers and What Different Types of Aid Mean - Learn the pros and cons of scholarships, grants, work study, and federal and private loans and understand how to compare the financial aid offers you have received.
- The 7 Questions You Must Ask to Save Thousands on College Tuition - What to ask when you take a college tour or call the financial aid office that will save you money.
- The 'Gap Year': When It's a Good Idea to Take a Year Off Before Starting College - Taking a year off is no longer just for slacker teenagers, but is a viable option for any student. Learn who can best take advantage of a gap year and what to do during this time.
- Why (and How!) to Take Control of your Online Presence - Learn how admissions officers are searching for applicants on the Internet, and gain some tips to make sure that what they find helps rather than hurts you.
- Accepted to College Blog - Read the most recent posts in the 'Planning for College' category.